This gallery contains 44 photos.
Great Young Eagles Rally at E45, Pine Mountain Lake Airport on Saturday, October 10, 2015. Great time for Young Eagles with airplane rides, static display, 2 simulators, “Planes” Theater and kids coloring.
Thanks to all our great volunteers: pilots, safety, ramp, welcome, registration, aircraft assignment, simulators, static display and set up.
- The simulator and static display were a big hit, thanks to Joel Avery & Adrian Favareille.
- The ramp ran without a hitch, thanks to Ed Gregory, Mike Lella & Leon Leibster, who also doubled as our photographer.
- Ground operations and all the accompanying paper work ran smoothly, thanks to Janet Gregory, Dennis Smith, Jim “JT” Thomas, John Williams & of course Ed Sunday, who coordinates EVERYTHING.
- Special thanks to pilots who not only donated their time but their aircraft and fuel. Hopefully the smiles and excitement made for a great payback. Thanks to Dave Berger, Wayne Handley, Jeff Kerns, Dale Mueller, Erik Segerstrom, Diana Sunday & Greg Triplett.
We have decided to move the 2012 Columbia Young Eagle Fly day to May 5th.
Pilots and volunteers will meet at the Columbia terminal building in the morning at 8:30 AM.
At 9 AM we will start to fly any kid that meets the Young eagles criteria.
The next two Young Eagle Rallies will be:
- May 5tth at Columbia Airport
- October 6th at Pine Mountain Lake Airport
in both events flying starts at 9 AM
The ballots are in, the votes have been tallied and I’m very pleased to announce to our Chapter members the results of the election. The 2012 Chapter officers are:
- President Michael Thoben
- V. President Ed Sunday
- Secretary Mike Gustafson
- Treasurer Al Craig
- Class 2 Director Dennis Smith
- Class 2 Director Bobby Huffstetter
- Class 2 Director Wayne Handley
Congratulations to all the officers and I know they will do a great job of leading our Chapter in 2012.