- The simulator and static display were a big hit, thanks to Joel Avery & Adrian Favareille.
- The ramp ran without a hitch, thanks to Ed Gregory, Mike Lella & Leon Leibster, who also doubled as our photographer.
- Ground operations and all the accompanying paper work ran smoothly, thanks to Janet Gregory, Dennis Smith, Jim “JT” Thomas, John Williams & of course Ed Sunday, who coordinates EVERYTHING.
- Special thanks to pilots who not only donated their time but their aircraft and fuel. Hopefully the smiles and excitement made for a great payback. Thanks to Dave Berger, Wayne Handley, Jeff Kerns, Dale Mueller, Erik Segerstrom, Diana Sunday & Greg Triplett.
EAA’s Northern Yosemite Chapter 1337 is proud to announce the election of the 2015 Board. Our chapter serves the flying communities of O22 Columbia Airport and E45 Pine Mountain Lake. The Board is interested in revitalizing the local EAA Chapter.
- Ed Gregory, President (returning)
- Greg Triplett, Vice President
- Mike Gustafson, Secretary (returning)
- Allen Craig, Treasurer (returning)
- Wayne Handley, Class II Director (returning)
- Dennis Smith, Class II Director
- Ed Sunday, Class II Director (Young Eagle Coordinator, returning)
- Jim Thomas, Class II Director (returning)
- Dick Collier, Technical Council
Congratulations to our new Board. If you have ideas, topics or suggestions please feel free to contact, Ed Gregory at email@example.com or 209-962-5061
Great Young Eagles Rally at E45, Pine Mountain Lake Airport on Saturday, October 10, 2015. Great time for Young Eagles with airplane rides, static display, 2 simulators, “Planes” Theater and kids coloring.
Thanks to all our great volunteers: pilots, safety, ramp, welcome, registration, aircraft assignment, simulators, static display and set up.
1928 Fully restored Ford TriMotor is coming to PML Airport (E45).
- Rides at $70 online for adults ($75 walk-up) and $50 for children under 17.
- See the grandeur of the high Sierras from a seat in flying history!
- Friday thru Sunday, December 16-18, 2016, from 9:00 to 4:00 daily.
- Pine Mountain Lake Airport (E45) is on Elderberry Way (off Ferretti Road), Groveland, CA.
- Go to http://www.flytheford.org for more information and reservations.
- Not ready to fly? Stop in for a free tour and to take photos.
Experience history in action.
- This was the first US passenger airliner!
- Built by Ford Motor Company in 1928 with 3 engines to build passenger confidence, and with steering wheels in the cockpit.
- Only 5 ford TriMotors are still flying in the world … and one is coming to us!
- This airplane initiated air travel that we know today, inspiring the first passenger terminals, paved runways, and airport hotels.