EAA’s Northern Yosemite Chapter 1337 is proud to announce the election of the 2014 Board. Our chapter serves the flying community in and around O22 Columbia Airport and E45 Pine Mountain Lake. The new Board is interested in revitalizing the local EAA Chapter. The new Board is:
- Ed Gregory, President
- Rex Pemberton, Vice President
- Mike Gustafson, Secretary (returning)
- Allen Craig, Treasurer (returning)
- Jim Econome, Class II Director
- Wayne Handley, Class II Director (returning)
- Ed Sunday, Class II Director (2013 VP)
Congratulations to our new Board. If you have ideas, topics or suggestions please feel free to contact, Ed Gregory at email@example.com.
Mark your calendar for the upcoming Northern Yosemite Young Eagle events:
- Saturday, April 26, 2014 at Columbia Airport, O22
- Saturday, October 4, 2014 at Pine Mountain Lake Airport, E45
What is Young Eagles? A free flight of 20-40 minutes in the local area
Who can participate? Young people, ages 8-17
When is it available? From 9:00 – noon on the dates outlined above
Who are the pilots? EAA members,qualified volunteer pilots with their airplanes from your local community
More information? Find lots of great information about Young Eagles at www.youngeagles.org
Young Eagles is an important focal point for EAA and our local Chapter 1337. We are an important link in creating a spark of interest to keep aviation alive as a hobby, occupation and business in the next generation. Volunteers, weather and Young Eagles made for a brilliant Young Eagles Rally at Columbia Airport (O22) on Saturday 9-May 2015.
- The simulator and static display were a big hit, thanks to Joel Avery & Adrian Favareille.
- The ramp ran without a hitch, thanks to Ed Gregory, Mike Lella & Leon Leibster, who also doubled as our photographer.
- Ground operations and all the accompanying paper work ran smoothly, thanks to Janet Gregory, Dennis Smith, Jim “JT” Thomas, John Williams & of course Ed Sunday, who coordinates EVERYTHING.
- Special thanks to pilots who not only donated their time but their aircraft and fuel. Hopefully the smiles and excitement made for a great payback. Thanks to Dave Berger, Wayne Handley, Jeff Kerns, Dale Mueller, Erik Segerstrom, Diana Sunday & Greg Triplett.
We flew 49 Young Eagle flights! 45 kids, 1 repeat, 2 parents and 1 reporter from the Union Democrat. We appreciation for the great job everyone did. There were smiles all around, parents and kids were very appreciative.